Sunday, February 16, 2014
ETC Orientation
I enjoyed ETC orientation workshop because we started out with group exercises and discussions which opened us up to getting to know each other. As an experienced tutor, I thought that the best workshop always comes from tutors who know each other well. It makes a great team and later on they become great supports to each other during difficult tutoring session. I found matching exercises for each tutoring step was helpful. It was a good refresher for me to see that there are a lot of steps that can be repeated throughout the revision process. It made me realize that writing is a constant revision. I think this was a good reminder for me that writing is a long process for tutors as well as tutees and two must work together rather than someone taking control over someone else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I also got a lot out of the orientation because of how it was run. You're absolutely right about tutors being great supports for each other if we all feel like a team/community. I hope we have more chances to meet "as fellow tutors" and not just as 704 classmates, although I imagine 704 will include a lot of "real experience" discussion and support too.
ReplyDelete